Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pants on the Ground and Other Musings

Poor Igor is growing faster in height than in girth, to get pants the right lenght they are usually too big in the waist. Brings to mind a recent American Idol phenom does it not?



Last weekend we took a trip to the Wisconsin Dells. We met up with Hubby's sister and her family, mother, father and grandmother. A good time was had by all.




















Here are the boys with their cousins all hamming it up for the camera in their cool shades.














This isn't the best picture, but if you look closely you can see that Igor is grinning ear to ear, I think Hubby must be getting a lot of water up his shorts or something.









Mostly Igor just liked hanging out in the wading pools and splashing around.



I'm sure this picture involved Sonny Boy trying to talk Igor into going down a slide.






Igor posing, unfortunately when you take his glasses off his eyes wander around like that.






Hubby reading to his neice and Igor.










Hubby decided to sport the cool shades that the kids had.
In a previous post I wrote about my endevours for a birthday cake for my Father In Law. Well it turned out it was close to my nephew's birthday as well so I made him a hockey puck cake. For those interested it is chocolate ganache tinted black, a print out from the internet for the hockey team design and the hockey stick is fondant. This was sort of a last minute cake but I think it turned out well.
Father-in-law's cake turned out well but didn't travel wonderfully, the duck had a few frosting issues, most of my cattails shattered (I'll know to wrap them better next time) and about three minutes after this picture was taken the cattails started falling over as there wasn't enough cake there to hold them up as they were quite heavy, this eventually led to that corner of the cake falling apart. The lilly pads and cattails were fondant, the cattail stems were pulled sugar (hence the shattering) the duck was a rubber duck cake pan with chocolate icing tinted black, a fondant beak.











1 comment:

David&Monica said...

the cakes are really cool! too funny how similiar our interests are - as a youngin' I rode horses and baked/decorated cakes as my favority pastimes! I am not as brave as you to start shoveling poop again for riding!!! But I am getting the itch to start decorating again :-)